Translate

Sunday, January 19, 2020

NOVENA IN HONOR OF THE HOLY NAME OF JESUS


NOVENA IN HONOR OF THE HOLY NAME OF JESUS

O Merciful Jesus, Who didst in Thy early infancy commence Thy office of Savior by shedding Thy Precious Blood, and assuming for us that name which is above all names; we thank Thee for such early proofs of Thine infinite love. We venerate Thy sacred name, in union with the profound respect of the Angel who first announced it to the earth, and unite our affections to the sentiments of tender devotion which the adorable name of Jesus has in all ages enkindled in the hearts of Thy Saints. 

Animated with a firm faith in Thy unerring word, and penetrated with confidence in Thy mercy, we now most humbly remind Thee of the promise Thou hast made, that where two or three should assemble in Thy name, Thou Thyself wouldst be in the midst of them. Come, then, into the midst of us, most amiable Jesus, for it is in Thy sacred name we are here assembled; come into our hearts, that we may be governed by Thy holy spirit; mercifully grant us, through that adorable name, which is the joy of Heaven, the terror of Hell, the consolation of the afflicted, and the solid ground of our unlimited confidence,
all the petitions we make in this novena.
Oh! blessed Mother of our Redeemer! Who didst participate so sensibly in the sufferings of thy dear Son when He shed His Sacred Blood and assumed for us the name of Jesus, obtain for us,through that adorable name, the favors we petition in this novena. 
Beg also, that the most ardent love may imprint on our hearts that sacred name, that it may be always in our minds and frequently on our lips; that it may be our defense and our refuge in the temptations and trials of life, and our consolation and support in the hour of death. Amen.

 
PRAYER IN HONOR OF THE MOST HOLY AND ADORABLE NAME OF JESUS
JESUS! 

O Name of Jesus! Sweet Name! Delightful Name! Consoling Name!
For what else is Jesus than Savior! Therefore, O Jesus, for Thy sweet Name's sake,
be to me a Jesus, and save me. Suffer me not to be eternally lost. O good Jesus!
Let not my iniquities destroy me, whom Thy bounty made. O sweet Jesus!
 Recognize in me what is Thine, and efface all that is not Thine.
O sweet Jesus! Show mercy now in the time of mercy, and condemn me
not in the day of justice.
What profit to Thy Precious Blood, or what honor will my destruction
give Thy Holy Name, O Jesus!
"The dead shall not praise Thee, O Lord Jesus! Nor all they that go down to Hell."
Most amiable Jesus! Most meek, most loving Jesus! O Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Admit me to the number of Thy elect.

O Jesus, salvation of those who believe in Thee! Comfort of those who fly to Thee!
O Jesus, Son of the Virgin Mary! Give me grace, wisdom, charity, purity, and humility,
that I may love Thee perfectly, praise Thee, enjoy Thee, serve Thee,
and be glorified in Thee, with all those who call upon Thy Name,
Thy Holy Name, Thy Sweet name
-----Jesus. Amen.

OTHER  PRAYERS

O GOOD JESUS, according to Thy great mercy, have mercy on me.
O most merciful Jesus, by that Precious Blood which Thou didst will
to shed for sinners, I beseech Thee to wash away all mine iniquities
and to look graciously upon me, a poor and unworthy sinner, as I
call upon Thy Holy Name. Therefore, O Jesus, do Thou save me for
Thy Holy Name's sake.
O God, Who didst appoint Thine only-begotten Son to be the Savior
of mankind and didst command His Name to be called Jesus;
mercifully grant that we may enjoy the vision of Him in Heaven,
Whose Holy Name we venerate on earth. Through the same
Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Blessed be the Most Holy Name of Jesus without end!


Short Prayers to the Most Holy Name

O sweet Name of Jesus, holy above all names in heaven and on earth, and to which every knee, both of men and of angels in heaven, on earth and in hell bends.  You are the the way of the just, the glory of the saints, the hope of those in need, the balm of the sick, the love of the devout and the consolation of those that suffer.
O, Jesus be to me a help and a protector so that your Name may be blessed for all times…
.....(Manualis Parvulorum XIII)
Thomas A. Kempis

The Golden Arrow

May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most mysterious and unutterable Name of God be always praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in heaven on earth and under the earth, by all the creatures of God, and by the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ in the most Holy Sacrament of the altar.
This prayer is said to have been revealed by Jesus Himself to a Carmelite Nun of Tours in 1843 as a reparation for blasphemy. "This Golden Arrow will wound My Heart delightfully," He said, "and heal the wounds inflicted by blasphemy."

Prayer to the Holy Name - St. Alphonsus

O my Jesus, thou art the Savior who hast given Thy blood and Thy life for me, I pray Thee to write Thy adorable name on my poor heart; so that having it always imprinted in my heart by love, I may also have it ever on my lips, by invoking it in all my necessities.  If the devil tempts me, Thy name will give me strength to resist him; if I lose confidence, Thy name will animate me to hope; if I lose confidence, Thy name will animate me to hope; if I am in affliction, Thy name will comfort me, by reminding me of all Thou hast endured for me.  If I find myself cold in Thy love, Thy name will inflame me by reminding me of the love Thou hast shown me.  I have fallen into so many sins, because I did not call on Thee; from henceforth Thy name shall be my defense, my refuge, my hope, my only consolation, my only love.  Thus do I hope to live, and so do I hope to die, having Thy name always on my lips. 
The Incarnation, Birth and Infancy of Jesus Christ; or, The Mysteries of the Faith
St. Alphonsus de Liguori, Redemptorist Fathers, 1927.

Prayer to the Holy Name - St. Bernardine of Siena

Jesus, Name full of glory, grace, love and strength! You are the refuge of those who repent, our banner of warfare in this life, the medicine of souls, the comfort of those who mourn, the delight of those who believe, the light of those who preach the true faith, the wages of those who toil, the healing of the sick.
To You our devotion aspires; by You our prayers are received; we delight in contemplating You. O Name of Jesus, You are the glory of all the saints for eternity. Amen.
St. Bernardine of Siena

Prayer Petition to the Holy Name of Jesus

God, You appointed Your only-begotten Son to be the Savior of mankind, and You commanded His Name to be Jesus. I beg that a most ardent love of Your Divine Son imprint that Name upon my heart; that it always be on my mind, and frequently on my lips; that it be my defense in temptation, my refuge in danger, and my consolation and strength in the hour of my death.

Holy Name Prayer of Contrition

Most Merciful Jesus, by that Precious Blood which you willingly shed for sinners, I beg You to wash away all my sinfulness and to look mercifully upon me, a poor and unworthy sinner, as I call upon Your Holy Name. Mercifully grant me, through Your adorable Name, which is the joy of heaven, the terror of hell, the consolation of the afflicted, the refuge of sinners and the strength of those who repent, the grace of eternal salvation through the holy Name of Jesus.
I ask this in Your Name, who live and reign with God the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment