Translate

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekly Devotion To St. Jude


Dear Friends of St. Jude,
Our reflection from the readings this week is:
Jesus said, "My time has not yet come." But Jesus’ mother then told the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."
We always have an excuse for not doing what needs to be done: it’s not time, it’s not safe, it’s not smart, it’s not socially acceptable. But with Christ to guide us, we find the strength and support to do what we must, whether we think we’re ready or not.
We pray together:
St. Jude, may everything I do begin with the Lord Jesus, continue with His help, and be done under His guidance.

                                                   The Prayer to St Jude
O most holy apostle, Saint Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes thee universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, and of things almost despaired of.
Pray for me, who am so miserable. Make use, I implore thee, of that particular privilege accorded to thee, to bring visible and speedy help where help was almost despaired of.
Come to mine assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolation and succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly...
(here make your request)
And that I may praise God with thee and all the elect throughout eternity. 
I promise thee, O blessed Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor thee as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to thee. 
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment